One Day Master Classes
During 2016/17, Steel River offered many one day master classes like Stage Combat with Payson Burt, Creating your Home Voice Over studio with Joanne Mercer, Hooping with Brie Knight, College Audition Prep with Aileen McCulloch and many more. Look for a new schedule at the beginning of the 2017/18 season.
Fully staged productions are now available at Steel River Playhouse and run on a staggered schedule all year long! Classes will be offered with scripted materials in Musical Theater, Classical Theater and Dramatic Theater. Shows will be chosen based on number of students interested! Classes are $160 to $210 each (depending on length of workshop), and only run with a sufficient number of students. So we take interest lists until we have enough to do the show!
Here’s what’s up next and coming soon…Make sure to email us if you are interested in joining us so we can assure that a class will run.
SPRING PRODUCTION WORKSHOPS:
- Spring Flights of Fancy: Saturday and Sunday classes forming! Young students, ages 6 to 10 engage in creative dramatics, dramatic play and interactive story building to create an original and unique in class performance with each 10 week class. (This class used to run on Mondays, but now runs on Saturdays from 9 to 10 a.m., and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.)
- Spring Imagination Theater: Saturday and Sunday classes forming for Spring. Email us with your interest and we’ll put you on the class list! Students aged 8 to 12 approach a basic fairy tale and using a scripted shape, create a unique performance from the familiar tale presenting an original in class performance with each 10 week class.
- Summer Lovin’ Cabaret: This cabaret workshop begins April 2 with Stacey Michaud, and meets Sundays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for eight weeks. Students to work on solos and group numbers that culminate in a cabaret performance. Class culminates in a performance in the Newberry Loft on May 21 at the end of class period.
- Spring Teen Production – Bang Bang You’re Dead – William Mastrisimone’s powerful show about gun violence was written to be performed and seen by teens. Directed by Ron Quirk. This show is currently in rehearsal.
- Spring Teen Classical Workshop – The Tempest – William Shakespeare’s magical island adventure is explored in this production workshop directed by Michele Bolay. Class meets once a week on Wednesdays from 6 to 9 p.m. A full tech week precedes the June performances. Email us at email@example.com to be put on the interest list for this show – the class is set to begin Wednesday March 29 with sufficient participants.
- Spring Musical Theater Workshop – A Charm School Witch – rehearses Sundays from noon to 3 p.m. When an all girl magic school opens it’s doors for a competition with the nearby boys school – sparks fly, in this original youth musical originally created by The Vagabond Acting Troupe! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the interest list for this show. Directed by Chelsea Barnett.
Currently in preparation for Fall 2017:
Zombies: A Musical with Bite; George Orwell’s Animal Farm, along with a youth musical and a classic workshop!
Spring classes begin the week of March 27, 2017. REMINDER that a class only starts if it has sufficient enrollment, so please double check with us at email@example.com to make sure the class you want to take is running. We are currently accepting PAPER enrollment forms while we correct issues with our online enrollment system. So email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure the class you want to take is actually running.
THESE CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY ANTICIPATED TO BEGIN THE WEEK OF MARCH 27:
Monday (starts March 27) – 6 to 7 – Improv with Phil Ballantine
Monday – (starts March 27) – 7 to 8:30 – Acting Intensive with Phil Ballantine
Wednesday – (starts March 27) – 6 to 7:30 – Intro to Acting with Phil Ballantine
Wednesday – (tentative start date March 29) 6 to 9 – Tempest – Shakespeare workshop with Michele Bolay(begins Wednesday, March 29, with sufficient enrollment)
Thursday – (starts March 30) 6 to 7 p.m. – Group Uke and Guitar class with Russell Ferrara
Saturday – (starts April 15) 9 to 10 – Flights of Fancy (Winter goes through April 8, so this won’t begin till April 15)
Sunday – (starts April 2) 9 to 10 a.m. – Flights of Fancy with Stacey Christian Michaud begins April 2 with sufficient enrollment
Sunday – (starts April 2) 6:30 to 8 Broadway Cabaret begins April 2 with Stacey Christian Michaud – sign up today!
Also taking interest for Broadway Dance with as yet unscheduled class time!
To keep track of our numbers, we ask that you email us at email@example.com and we will send you the appropriate enrollment form.
We’re committed to offering excellent instruction from highly qualified, accomplished instructors in the areas of Voice, Piano, Acting, Song Writing, Ukulele, Guitar, Beginner Violin, Drums and Trumpet. We also offer duet improvisation for students interested in creating two person improvisation companies (duet lessons are for two people intent on teaming up to do improv). College prep coaching is available for your college monologue or song, and we can even assist you with your application process. Private lessons are organized by semester or for the full year. Drops ins are also scheduled as availability permits. Performing Arts Career planning is also available. Click here for details on Individual Lesson Plans and Pricing as well as Recital Schedule. Once you’ve found what you want, email us so we can set you up with a weekly appointment with your preferred instructor.
Summer Camp 2017
Featuring three 2-week Full Day Camps
(1/2 day camp available for students under 12)
- July 10 through 21 – Drama and Music Camp
- July 24 to August 4 – Musical Theater Camp
- August 7 to 18 – One Acts and Specialty Skills Camp
Registration Information and Forms
Steel River runs classes with a minimum of six participants. Please do not wait to come to the first night to enroll your child in a class, as the class will only run if six students are enrolled in advance. Enrolling at least two weeks prior to your class start date will help ensure that the class you want to take is running!
- Email us for a group class, production workshop or private lesson enrollment form! This helps us know whether to run a class or not since sometimes mailed enrollments get lost in the mail.
- Summer Camp Enrollment form
- Tuition Assistance Form
Once you receive your enrollment form, fill it out and email it back with credit card payment form OR mail it to Steel River Playhouse, P.O. Box 1325, 245 E. High Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
To ensure that a class runs, make sure to enroll at least two weeks in advance, or EMAIL US that you are planning to participate.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org